cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlorianFreuker
Regular Visitor

Power Apps User access on SharePoint list

Hello, I am currently working on a booking system for desks.

The desks and reservations are saved inside a SharePoint list and shouldn't be edited by users directly inside SharePoint.
But for the booking process, the user needs to create a new item in the booking list, and it should also be able to delete his own reservations.

Problem:
The user can't use the Patch-function, 'cause he would need Owner-Permissions in the SharePoint list. Is there any possibility for Power Apps users to set custom permission on SharePoint lists?

BlorianFreuker_0-1660722663907.png

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @BlorianFreuker ,

Firstly, Contribute are all that is required to write records (not Owner), but you can create a Custom Permission level based on Contribute with View Application Pages unchecked, then the User cannot access SharePoint pages.

WarrenBelz_0-1647861942873.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thanks @WarrenBelz,

how can i enter this menu?

@BlorianFreuker ,

It is in SharePoint Site Permissions >Advanced Permissions Settings > Permission Levels > Add a Permission Level

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,064)