cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brokencornets
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps - Using data from one sharepoint list to populate another results list

Hi all

I'm making my first attempt to build an app with PowerApps and I'm loving it so far but I guess I've got to the inevitable tricky part and I'm not sure how to make it do what I want it to.

So we have a number of assets that we're doing some condition-based monitoring on, they have a bunch of sensors (between 10-15 usually) attached to them and every so often we want to take manual readings from the sensors and record them in the app.

I have some SharePoint lists set up which I'm connecting to:

Asset Data - columns include unique Asset Number, Location, Monitor Type, Install Date, etc.

Sensor Points - which has a unique SensorPointID, Asset Number and Sensor Description

Test Dates - which has a unique TestDateID, Asset Number, Date and Person

Test Results - which has SensorPointID, TestDateID and two result columns, RMS and Frequency

So after my work so far I'm able to filter/add/amend assets and view previous test results, but what I now want to do is be able to upload new results to the Test Results list.

What I want to do is click a 'New Results' button for an asset and that give me a form with all Sensor Points for that asset (taken from Sensor Points list) and two black boxes for each Sensor Point to record results, and then I want to click a 'Confirm' button and those values be uploaded to Test Results.

I feel like I have the structure set up right in SharePoint but don't understand how I can take records from one list and use that to upload to another list, and I'm not getting too far with Google so thought I'd turn to the experts. Any pointers would be hugely appreciated, thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@brokencornets So the Structure of "Asset Data" and "Sensor Points" looks like this.

Asset Data

Asset NumberLocationMonitor TypeInstall Date
ASS0001USAXYZ20.02.2022
ASS0002EUROPEABC01.01.2018

Sensor Points:

SensorPointIDAsset NumberSensor Description
0001ASS0001FOO
0002ASS0001BAR
0003ASS0001Power
0004ASS0002Ranger
0005ASS0002Lorem Ipsum

The Result Table shoud look like this

SensorPointIDTestDateID RMS Frequency

Does this looks like what you are trying to achieve?

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
brokencornets
Frequent Visitor

@PowerRangerthanks for the response, and yes, that's basically it for the structure.

I'm already able to get a result table - I've got some dummy data and I'm able to return a table of results for a specific asset on a speecific date. But what I don't understand is how to create a page to enter new results to be uploaded into the results table.

So I want to pick an asset and then click 'add new results' and I'm imagining showing a form populated with all the data points associated with that asset, but with two blank columns for RMS and Freq. Then submitting that form would add new results to the Test Results list.

I hope this makes sense!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,184)