cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayananthan
Level: Powered On

Power Apps Visual Text Box Issue in Edge browser

Hi,

I am implemented Power Apps Visual in Power BI. Suddenly from yesterday we were not able to enter any text in the Text Box in the app which was created in Power Apps. This issue happens only in Edge browser. It works fine in Chrome. Please help? 

Why in Microsoft Edge browser Text Box is not supporting suddenly? Earlier it was working fine. 

7 REPLIES 7
LD970
Level: Power Up

Re: Power Apps Visual Text Box Issue in Edge browser

I am seing the same issue.  Edge does not allow us to type in the text box, however other browsers do allow text entry

Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

@Dayananthan  @LD970 ,

I'm not having any issues with Edge and inputting text into text input boxes. Can you both share more about your setup? Where is your text input box located? Is it in a gallery? Where is the gallery located? Is it in a component? etc.

Screenshots will definitely help here.

LD970
Level: Power Up

The issue is occurring in our Power BI report, which has the text field in an edit form in a PowerApps 2.0.6 visualization.  The issue is still occurring when I utilize the regular version of Edge, but I just found out this is not an issue in the new Chromium Edge Browser (https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-releases-first-chromium-edge-previews-windows-10
The 'Description' field in the following screenshot does not accept input when I work with this PowerBI report in the regular Edge browser, but all other browsers are ok:

tlawsonpinewalk

Hello,

I have just seen the same issue come up today, Edge is not working but Chrome is for all data input boxes in my PowerBI Powerapps Apps.  I can delete the text in the box, but can't enter new data.  This also seems to occur after a couple of minutes, i.e. the data input works immediately, but after a couple of minutes it stops working.

Dayananthan

To overcome this issue please update your Edge borwser to latest version. More details on the below link https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-Apps-Edit-in-Microsoft-Edge-Browser-Issue/m-p/680720#...

Dayananthan

This issues has been sorted out after updatating to latest edge browser version. Below thread has more details 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-Apps-Edit-in-Microsoft-Edge-Browser-Issue/m-p/680720#...

tlawsonpinewalk

Thanks, annoyingly our Windows update doesn't bring our Edge browser up to date.  I am now looking in to this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,002)