Hello, we are trying to create a dataflow via Power Apps to get data (in Excel documents) from the Sharepoint Document folder to Dataverse. But we get the same error over and over again. We are system administrators.
This is what happens:
1. Creates a new dataflow: Power Apps -> Data-> Dataflows -> New dataflow -> Start from blank. Gives the dataflow a name. The version is always "Standard V1" or "Analytical".
2. We choose "Sharepoint Folder".
3. We enter the address: https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename and signs in with our system administrator user. See image.
4. We press "Next" and "Combine" when we see the table with information about the Excel-files.
5. Then we get to this view, see image, and we can see the content from the first Excel-file in the Sharepoint folder. The Sheet1 contains the same table content but without the first row as headings.
6. If we press the dropdown and choose another file, see the last image, we get this error message and cannot continue to access the data in our Excel-files in Power Query:
"We encountered an unexpected error.
Session ID: 0b9808cf-dc2e-4fd2-a756-30fc91dce48e"
We don't get the error when we use CSV-files instead of Excel-files. Any idea of how to fix this issue? Or workarounds?
A common reason that an import will fail but a CSV succeeds is that the data in SharePoint contains "complex" types such as Lookup, Person, Yes/No, and Choice column types. These columns are actually a table within a list and not a single data point.
Same problem here! We have made sure that the user is has the System admin security role in the Power Apps admin center but to no avail. My guess is that we are not alone in experiencing this issue. CSV-files works but not excel files. The Excel we are trying to import are real simple ones with no complex types. Thankful for any help that can point us in the right direction. Could it actually be a bug?
Thanks! All the suggested workarounds are good suggestions and we will try them. But how about Microsoft fixing the actual problem since this is obviously a bug? And also; it would be nice with an error message that actually said anything about what the problem is all about.
No, I wasn't able to resolve this issue. I did file a ticket to MS Support and yesterday I got the answer below.
Status update on the case.
Our product team has found the cause of the issue and are working on the fix.
I will keep you posted regarding the progress.
We are actively following up with the team to get response.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Have a great day..!!"
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT