Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps and Android

Hi

I have a Power App checklist that I built from a SharePoint list and I have a couple of users who are on Android devices receiving the following error.

dcbe3dc3-5d55-4356-bb5e-337770c7eb92.png

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Larry 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power Apps and Android

Hi @larry_ourique ,

Does the error message show up when you run your app in web browser?

Have you taken a try to run your app in iOS device? Same issue occurs?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device has been upgrade to the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider turn on the "Formula-level error management" option and turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, then try it again within your Android device, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new connection to your SP list from your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you please provide some more info like is it just these users who are using Andriod who are experiencing this issue? It doesn't seem like from the error message but I dont want to assume anything.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Currently the only users experiencing this error are Android users.  It doesn't prevent them from entering information, but the error does pop up.

Thank you

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

A few more questions:

1. When does this error occur? Is it on the loading of a screen? If so, what controls exist on the screen? Is it the 1st screen of the app?

2. Does it occur on every screen? Is it when the user types something in the combo box search? Does it repeat when the user goes to a diff screen and comes back to this screen?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

1.  The error occurs when you attempt to create a new record.  When a user selects the + to create new.

2.  The app only has two screens.  It only appears on the second screen..

Thank you

Larry

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @larry_ourique ,

Does the error message show up when you run your app in web browser?

Have you taken a try to run your app in iOS device? Same issue occurs?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device has been upgrade to the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider turn on the "Formula-level error management" option and turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, then try it again within your Android device, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new connection to your SP list from your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for all the information.  

I turned on the "Formula-level error management" option and made sure the "Explicit column selection" option was off.  I also went ahead and re-published the app and it seemed to fix the issue. 

Thank you

Larry

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @larry_ourique ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,518)