cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power Apps bug - Screen Height Issue

I just opened an app in the studio to find the main screen height set to 23 pixels. This has obviously stuffed everything up on the screen:

WillPage_1-1619666607264.png

I'm the only developer of this app and I know I didn't do this. Furthermore, I can restore right back from before the published version (which is fine) and the same issue exists, right back as far as I can restore. The last restore point within the 6 months deadline is about a month, and 4 versions prior to the published version.

The published version is OK, so how is it that versions prior to that are broken?

There are two screens in the app and the other screen is fine, it's only this start screen affected.

Of course I can manually reset the screen height to Max(App.Height, App.DesignHeight) but the damage is done: The controls are all over the place.

How can this happen and what can I do about it besides manually relocating and resizing all the displaced controls? It will be a very big job to do that.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I would raise a support ticket with Microsoft to see if they can revert whatever broke it, if you know you didn't change it then maybe a feature you've enabled has affected it,

Raise a support ticket here: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support - you will need to have a Power Platform Admin or higher role in your organisation or else have someone with that role raise the request

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @iAm_ManCat . I use your template a lot so thanks for producing that. This app in question pre-dates your template though.

If it's of any interest, what I found was not only the screen was 23 pixels high but every control on the screen was also 23 pixels high.

The weird thing was if I look at the properties pane on the right when a control is selected, it showed Height as 23, and on the canvas the control is 23 high, but if I hit the dropdown top left to pick the Height property, it shows the original Height, whether that's a number or a formula.

All I needed to do was CTRL-X the contents of the Height field from the formula bar then CTRL-V it back to reset the controls, one by one. Still labour intensive but not as bad as I first thought.

Hope this helps anyone who strikes the same issue in future.

2 REPLIES 2
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

I would raise a support ticket with Microsoft to see if they can revert whatever broke it, if you know you didn't change it then maybe a feature you've enabled has affected it,

Raise a support ticket here: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support - you will need to have a Power Platform Admin or higher role in your organisation or else have someone with that role raise the request

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @iAm_ManCat . I use your template a lot so thanks for producing that. This app in question pre-dates your template though.

If it's of any interest, what I found was not only the screen was 23 pixels high but every control on the screen was also 23 pixels high.

The weird thing was if I look at the properties pane on the right when a control is selected, it showed Height as 23, and on the canvas the control is 23 high, but if I hit the dropdown top left to pick the Height property, it shows the original Height, whether that's a number or a formula.

All I needed to do was CTRL-X the contents of the Height field from the formula bar then CTRL-V it back to reset the controls, one by one. Still labour intensive but not as bad as I first thought.

Hope this helps anyone who strikes the same issue in future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,723)