cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power Apps canvas app with Azure Synapse as data source - Not able to add/edit records

Hello, anyone here has been able to add/edit records from Power Apps canvas app to Azure Synapse data store? I am working on a PoC app and running into issue for add/edit of records with error message below. Get works fine.

"An error occurred on the server. Service Response: [dbo].[tablename] failed: BadGatway"

I was able to connect to Azure Synapse with SQL Server connector (not on-prem data gateway required but received same error with gateway also) and get records Table has primary key (learned that lesson few years back :)) and tried both submit form and patch function with same error. I also tried to update single column but received same error. Finally, created the same table in Azure SQL server and add/edit works there. I think, it is definitely something to do with Azure Synapse but I don't know what that is before I start digging into SQL Server and start creating trace to see what's exactly is being sent there.

Anyone experienced this issue before? 

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power Apps canvas app with Azure Synapse as data source - Not able to add/edit records

Hi,

I've never used Azure Synapse as a data source before but I have seen the error you have described in other situations. Typically it is associated with either their being some kind of overload on the call you are making to the data source or some kind of formatting error on the call itself. Without some kind or traces and understanding the Azure Synapse data system it is hard to say either way. This might be a better question for Microsoft Support. I will include a link below; on how to create a request with them. Otherwise if any other communities members might have any clues feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Power Apps canvas app with Azure Synapse as data source - Not able to add/edit records

Appreciate the response, Alex! I am testing with a simple 2 column table and error is consistent. I will ping MS and see what I hear. Will post the resolution here.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Following up to my own question in case someone have similar question.

Today, "Azure SQL Data Warehouse" connector allows you to connect to Azure Synapse and run SQL queries, stored procedures to perform CRUD (create, retrieve, update and delete). But the catch is, it is available only in Power Automate and not available in Power Apps. So, if you need to create an app against Azure Synapse you will have to call flow from apps to perform CRUD actions.

Microsoft documentation on: Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Hope someone finds this useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,847)