cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Apps custom form for document library - document set

I have issue with custom form for document libraries on SharePoint. 

This problem appears when I have two content types enabled: "Document" and "Document Set". If I customize form with Power Apps and publish it, then each time when I want to create a new "Document Set" my custom form is opened but I'm not able create a new Document Set. First of all, Such content type is not visible in "content type" field. Secondly, when I try to save item (create a new one, I receive error: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: To add an item to a document library, use SPFileCollection.Add()..." 

14 REPLIES 14
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bw0jciech0wski ,

Do you want to use the PowerApps app custom form to upload file into your SP Library?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. Currently, within PowerApps, there is no direct way to upload file from PowerApps app to SP Library.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Note: You could only edit the Content Type of an existing file through the PowerApps custom form, you could not add a new record and specify proper Content Type, then upload file to SP Library.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No. Please read once again my post. I'm writing about creating new Document Set on libraries, where we have a custom form (customized with Power Apps).

Hoping anyone has ideas here, I'm having the exact same issue: error creating a document set (no file attachments involved).

I get another error when trying to change back to the default SharePoint form, my only option is to *delete* the PowerApp linked to that library. This is obviously quite annoying when I've spent a good deal of time working on the form.
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue. Using the custom form to save edits to a Document Set works, but using it to create a new item does not.

@Spinner  @bw0jciech0wski  @KFlaherty 

The reason is that to create a Library item, you have to upload a file first (that is why it is a Library, not a List).

There are obviously controls built into the SharePoint interface to do this including "drag and drop".

The PowerApps menu is then designed to add or edit any associated metadata.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @bw0jciech0wski ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz

Thanks for the reply. However, the default SharePoint interface allows one to create an empty Document Set (New > Document Set), without uploading a file, with associated metadata. This facility should be made available in customised forms too, otherwise there is no direct way to add a Document Set.

Thanks @Spinner ,

You told me something I did not know - although I have never had any reason to look.

As you have pointed out, it is not available in PowerApps.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

no, for now nothing is changed, so I simply stopped using customized sharepoitn forms on libraries, where I also use a document set. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,218)