cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishNayak
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps for Office 365

Can someone confirm the exact limitation for Power Apps for Office 365 plan. Read through the Microsoft license document but its really confusing as there is no clear mention about this plan. 

Under my subscription i see

Microsoft 365 E5 - 

Power Automate for Office 365
                         Power Apps for Office 365 Plan 3

I just want to be sure about my limitation before creating or using an App. like API's, Connectors that can be used etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The primary limitation when using the Power Apps and Power Automate Office 365 licenses is that you can't use any Premium connector.  But you can use any of the Standard Connectors.  Premium connectors are marked with a diamond when you go to add them as a data source.  There are some other differences in terms of the number of APIs you can call in a day, etc.  But most of those are set high enough that most users don't run into them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The primary limitation when using the Power Apps and Power Automate Office 365 licenses is that you can't use any Premium connector.  But you can use any of the Standard Connectors.  Premium connectors are marked with a diamond when you go to add them as a data source.  There are some other differences in terms of the number of APIs you can call in a day, etc.  But most of those are set high enough that most users don't run into them.

View solution in original post

thanks @Pstork1 for your reply

I checked this as well and i have a SQL server connector and its premium. Since all of us have Power apps office 365 license this connector works fine. So all this is very confusing for me and i am not really sure what's the exact license type.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

SQL server connectors in apps that existed when the licensing changed on Oct. 1, 2019 were given a 5 year grace period.  That may be why you are not having an issue with the premium SQL connector.  If you try to use it in a new app it should prompt you to start a trial.  But there are times that doesn't happen.  That doesn't change the legal requirement that you need a per app or per user license to use a premium connector.  The Office 365 included license is not enough.

Thanks @Pstork1 

Is there a way to know if a user is running trial assuming it never prompted

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can download a list of user licenses in the Power Apps admin center.  That will list a trial license if the user has one.  But the user is always prompted unless they specifically signed up for a license.  This article explains where to get the list.

Administrators can now view users of PowerApps and Microsoft Flow in their orgs | Microsoft Power Ap...

HarishNayak
Helper I
Helper I

thanks @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,136)