cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffwllms
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps for teams Templates/Samples

I am looking for a way to have an app that was developed in pawer apps foe team be available to be installed in other teams.  I am not looking to share the app, I am looking to allow each team to be able to install there own version of the app.

Some of our apps are developed by our technology team.  They create an app that would be useful for multiple teams.  (Sort of like the sample teams today).

Looking to find a way to we can provide instruction to have a team install an app (from the app catalogue)  or even make it a part of a team template, so when a new team is created, they get the app.

Also is it possible to make a Power App for teams installable as a personal app, not just a tab on a channel?

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeffwllms ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to add an Power Apps app into other teams?

If so, you could create apps in Power Apps, then you will be able to find those apps in Teams:

114.png

v-jefferni_1-1612346405643.png

Also, app creator could use the “Add to Teams” command to download the app package and in Teams upload the package:

v-jefferni_2-1612346405647.png

v-jefferni_3-1612346405650.png

For your second question, I’m afraid there is no way to install an app as a personal app in Teams, but if the user have Power Apps license, would it be acceptable that share the app to the user in Power Apps?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni Thank for the reply.  What I am looking to do is to replicate something like the current power apps for teams samples (like the issue tracker).  Where when i user clicks to install it, the tables, etc. get created in the dataverse for teams environment of their team they are installing it to.  

It seems the other solutions you mentioned above just use the data sources originally added to the app.  What would be awesome is if there could be a mixture of which dataverse environment the tables are located but i am pretty sure it isn't possible.

The scenario is this:

1. the team owners and member are not the people creating the power app.  Even though power apps is low code, it is still out of the skill set of our users.

2. the people developing the majority of these apps are from the technology teams.

3. they are creating an app in their environment, for the purpose of development.  In the end they are not the owners of the data.

4. So when they share the app they want the data to be local to the team installing it (in there dataverse environment, or using their sharepoint lists for example. )  Much the same way the sample app do today, where when you install them it asks you to provide credentials and make the conections to services (selecting a panner plan or sharepoint list, or creating the dataverse table).
5.  This way the technology team doesn't need to hold all the data in there instance of dataverse, and they don't have to worry about building in a mechanism to keep the data separated by whack team the user using the app is in.  

I hope that this makes sense.  Maybe I am just not thinking properly about how these apps work architecturally, and I am complicating it more than need be.  

I have tried the option of "add to team" in the power apps for teams creator, but It doesn't allow me to export.  

Maybe I am creating the apps in the wrong place.  Maybe i should be creating apps in the normal power apps creator and somehow target the dataverse for teams environment.  I am just not sure how that can be done.

Hi @jeffwllms ,

You are correct that you need to create the apps in Power Apps Studio, then the app could be able to embed to Teams.

Below is the doc of tutorial:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/embed-teams-app

Please check if this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,212)