cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps interactive map control has maxpins set to 1000, but the map only shows 25 pins.

The Power Apps interactive map control has maxpins set to 1000, but the map only shows 25 pins.

My datasource is an Excel table on OneDrive with 351 rows of coordinates. When I start the app, the correct number of pins is shown, 351. If I navigate away from, and then back to, the screen containing the map, the map displays a maximum of 25 pins.

I created the app using the "Start with Data>Excel Online" option; then I added a new screen and added the interactive map control to the new screen.

I then re-created the app starting from a SharePoint List of the same data, with the same result. 

What do you think? Anyone else having this problem/issue (bug)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

This works (I just tested it with a SQL connection):

For the screen containing the map control (MapScreen), set OnVisible=Refresh(yourDataSourceName).

Previously, I was trying to refresh the datasource using a refresh button on the BrowseScreen. But I think you have to do the refresh after you return to the MapScreen to get >25 pins to display.

I imagine this is a pretty expensive work-around if the user navigates away from, and then back to, the MapScreen a lot, and there are a lot of pins.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @gglennon ,

I made a test and found the issue. Then I tried some workarounds, my data source is Excel worksheet in OneDrive too.

56.png

map_pin.gif

Clear(colPins);Collect(colPins,Table1)

As you seen, I split the ClearCollect function so that the collection be created every time the map screen shows, and the Items of the Map control was refreshed just like it connects the data source every time but not refresh the data source.

Please have a try. If there is other problem, please let me know.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.
Highlighted

That's a great workaround! I'm not sure why it's needed, but it works. Thanks so much for the quick response!

Highlighted

I spoke too soon. The workaround stopped working. Is Microsoft limiting the maxpins to 25?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi @gglennon ,

Could you please share more details about "stop working"? Did the map stop show the whole pins but 25 still?

As per the performance of the map control, it seems that the control would show all pins while connect with data source, so I provide the workaround that make the map connect with data source every time it appears. 

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
Highlighted

Hi,

Try navigating away from the map control to a different screen, even manually using the Studio; I think you'll find that a maximum of 25 pins are shown when you return to the map, regardless of how many are in the datasource. I've tried this with Excel, SharePoint, and SQL Server as the datasource, all with the same result.

Another MVP that I contacted said that he has also encountered some issues regarding resetting of pins and that he was going to meet with the Product Team to discuss the issue. 

I think I'm going to wait for a fix or GA release from Microsoft before using this control in my app.

Thanks again!

Highlighted

This works (I just tested it with a SQL connection):

For the screen containing the map control (MapScreen), set OnVisible=Refresh(yourDataSourceName).

Previously, I was trying to refresh the datasource using a refresh button on the BrowseScreen. But I think you have to do the refresh after you return to the MapScreen to get >25 pins to display.

I imagine this is a pretty expensive work-around if the user navigates away from, and then back to, the MapScreen a lot, and there are a lot of pins.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,091)