cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SyedAdilHassan

Power Apps is too much slow sometimes

As a power app(canvas) developer I face issues including the platform becoming totally unresponsive, upon copy-pasting a slight larger chunk of code, It breaks up and does not respond. The saving gets stuck usually facing this, a task of 5 mins usually take hours as the application scope grows. There should be an offline version available as other outstanding products in the market. Furthermore, In between if internet goes off a bigger app does not catch up back or takes a lot of time,  and you have start all over again by refreshing the browser. Internet is not an issue as the speed tested on various other platform is greater than 7 Mb/s.  Microsoft should follow some good foot steps and provide easier rather than some head scratching development environment, including offline version that may be build and compile as current version does.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SyedAdilHassan,

Thanks for your advice.

Currently, an off-line version is not available. 

Power Apps is still in its formative years and we are also looking forward to some new features coming soon. Our colleagues have been working on debugging the performance and functionality of the product.
For your needs, I suggest you can submit a new idea through the below URL, then ask  your colleagues to raise up the votes.  

Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) 

Our  product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received. 

Best Regards,
Qi
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

In my experience, especially with using an on-premise database, I found using Microsoft Edge gets me a faster response time. 

DMac
Frequent Visitor

It's so slow for me it's unusable.

I think it would work for a toy application if very limited data and usage.

But there's no way I would subject my users to the current implementation. It's so slow it's a joke.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,194)