cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrasadA80

Power Apps license doubt

Hi, have a doubt regarding power apps license. We intend building a Power BI dashboard with embedded Power Apps canvas app. The dashboard will display leads and the sales guys should be able to act upon the leads and capture their comments within the Power Apps embedded visual form in the dashboard itself. The sales team is large with approx 1500 sales guys.

While we have enough Power BI licenses, I am not sure about what kind of license would be required for Power Apps in case we decide to build such an app. Can someone kindly help me out on this?

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@PrasadA80, I found a similar discussion on another forum and I hope it helps you: 

It has been mentioned "Power Apps and Power BI are two different products. If they are integrated, the product license is required. You must have the basic license of the Power Apps, such as per user or per app ."

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Apps-visual-license/m-p/1902518#M728926

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @PrasadA80 it is best to have your ms account manager involve in this. the licenses depends on how you architect your app. dataverse/SQL/SharePoint etc in line with the type of Power apps license you have via O365 E3/5 etc. my guess is E5 as you have Power bi covered for all your sales guys which will make a power app on SQL or Dataverse still a costly exercise in relation to SharePoint. 

Again have a chat with your account manager and if you wish list your license types and type of app with datasource and we can give more light ;).

Hope it helps,

R

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,101)