cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps maker missing connections for another user

I have create a Power App and various connections that app uses. I can login to Power App studio / maker and can see those but if another user who is alos Power Apps admin / maker when login to same environment cannot see any of those connections. Where did they go ?

This is what I have :

User 1.PNG

Other user has this tab compleltly empty.  No connections are showing. Where did they go ?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @virang ,

The connections is created for each user individually.

If you want to see the same connections used by the app when you are logged in with another account, please share the app with this account and  launch the app from this account. You'll see that the connections will be created for this user (if wasn't created before by the user). 

This is a very bad design. So another maker cannot know which connector app is using until they run the app? Wow that is just worst. I have shared the app but that maker cannot see any connections yet.

This is a rant so read it if you want. This is targeted at the platform itself :

The more I use power apps/ power platform the more I get a feeling that some of the fundamental programming concepts are tweaked to the worst degree. I have been doing programming for 10+ years and I have not seen a half baked product like this before. I feel like I am going to give up on them soon.  Dont want to waste my time fighting with platform that completly ignores the fundamentals and security is a big issue here.  Connections cannot be shared ? Hello ? Are you for real ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,844)