cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pifls
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps per app plan with many environments

Hello,

Let's say I have a Power Apps licence (per user/app). It means I have access to one app (with premium connectors).

But what if I want to have 2 or 3 enviroments (dev/test/prod) to allow that user to test and use the app. 

Will this Per 1 app license allow user to use the app in both test and production environment? 

Also the second question is will I need that license to develop the app for the customer on that tenant? 

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

A per User license will cover an unlimited number of apps across any number of environments.  But a per app license is assigned to a specific environment to be distributed to a user when an app is shared with them.  So the per app license will only cover one app in one environment for one user.

Technically, you can develop an app with a premium license without purchasing a premium license.  You only need the premium license to run the app after it is developed.  In practice, you will often be prompted to start a trial if you are creating an app with a premium connector.  In terms of a customer tenant, you will need some kind of license to develop an app in their environment.  You can develop the app in your tenant and then import it into their environment, but that is often more difficult because of the need to replicate data sources.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

A per User license will cover an unlimited number of apps across any number of environments.  But a per app license is assigned to a specific environment to be distributed to a user when an app is shared with them.  So the per app license will only cover one app in one environment for one user.

Technically, you can develop an app with a premium license without purchasing a premium license.  You only need the premium license to run the app after it is developed.  In practice, you will often be prompted to start a trial if you are creating an app with a premium connector.  In terms of a customer tenant, you will need some kind of license to develop an app in their environment.  You can develop the app in your tenant and then import it into their environment, but that is often more difficult because of the need to replicate data sources.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,894)