cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonSmithTBS
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps preview feature Search does not search in Output properties of components

While I love the Search preview feature and use it all the time when locating a text string I've just noticed that it does not appear to include the contents of Output properties of components. Im using version 3.22061.6.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JasonSmithTBS ,

It should be unable to search the output of all controls. In my tests, the search pane also failed to search the output of the text property of the textinput control.

Best Regards,

Bof

JasonSmithTBS
Helper I
Helper I

Just to be specific, the search is not discovering the text/code that is defined in any of the custom components custom "output" properties. It does however find matched strings on all the the custom components controls.

JasonSmithTBS
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-bofeng-msft

I tried to clarify what I meant by output, not what would be output by the control on a screen but rather the code within any of the the custom component's Output properties.

Just noticed that this also is an issue with a custom component's OnReset procedure code block, it is not being searched either. 

The search feature is good but it does need to fixed to search everywhere, which a developer obviously expects of it. If not, how about having a power mode to view all the code for all input and procedure properties somewhat like I am now having to use in Git to find those code parts that the search just doesn't show, just an idea. Another idea, fix the search 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,054)