cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBMac
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps pricing

I have managed to write an app that allows users to book desks (cross references SharePoint list to only let them book available desks). Works really well and managed to get all the functionality we wanted in there eventually.

I read somewhere that Power Apps is included as part of M365 E3 license, appears that is not the case. According to this website:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/?&ef_id=Cj0KCQiA48j9BRC-ARIsAMQu3WRdBmMw4uU_JvG9VdBiVG...

It will cost me £7.50 per user / per app / per month to use the Desk Booking system. Or £90 per user per year. Or £135,000 / per year for 1,500 users to use the app. Is that right?

Skedda (just random desk booking system found on Google, have not looked to see if meets all our requirements as just wanted a comparison) would work out £429 per month / £5,148 per year for 500 desks and unlimited users / bookings

Am I missing something? Or have Microsoft priced us out of using Power Apps? £135,000 is a really expensive App to make writing your own in-house one worthwhile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JBMac 

The link you are referencing refers to having no other inclusive licenses or needing Premium features.

Your E3 (and all Microsoft 365 licenses) includes access to PowerApps (unlimited apps).  You can only access non-premium features (example, Excel or SharePoint as a datasource). And, anyone that has a Microsoft License can access them.

You can read more on general licensing facts at this link. Also found there is a link to the document that contains all the licensing breakdowns.  If it is all confusing, just know that what I mention above is the case.

So for your app, if all users have E3 (or other level license), you do not need to pay anything further.

Are you running into a particular error/issue or just reaffirming? 

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JBMac 

The link you are referencing refers to having no other inclusive licenses or needing Premium features.

Your E3 (and all Microsoft 365 licenses) includes access to PowerApps (unlimited apps).  You can only access non-premium features (example, Excel or SharePoint as a datasource). And, anyone that has a Microsoft License can access them.

You can read more on general licensing facts at this link. Also found there is a link to the document that contains all the licensing breakdowns.  If it is all confusing, just know that what I mention above is the case.

So for your app, if all users have E3 (or other level license), you do not need to pay anything further.

Are you running into a particular error/issue or just reaffirming? 

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Thanks @RandyHayes 

We were not experiencing any issues, just thinking about roll out to the masses and then got scared that it was going to cost us north of £130,000 🤤. Thanks for clarifying

Langemyr
Helper II
Helper II

Yes it will cost you big time as long as you plan to use custom connestor eg. SQL. we had plans to use Power apps in our company since everyone had an office 365 license, but had to find another vendor since we were dependent on SQL data. it became too expensive.
Here I think microsoft will lose many customers since many like us need accounting data on older systems.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (605)