Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Power Apps sharing with external O365 users

Hello All,

I am trying to share a Power App with an external user (our customer), who also has Office 365 and uses their own Power Apps. I have looked at many reference documents and I know there have been recent changes, but cannot find anything definitive on this one.

So here is where we are presently:-

• SharePoint data is shared and the user can see all required data in SharePoint.
  • The Power App is shared and after confirming the connection sign-in, the user can open the app (subsequent openings do not ask for sign-in).
  • The opening screen has no data source, put displays the user's name (welcome message) perfectly.
  • When entering the system, the loading spinner activates and the "dots" crawl across the screen as if loading data for about 30 seconds (the screen data is a collection and normally takes under 5 seconds)), but then stops and no data is displayed.
  • We have tried it with and without the SharePoint tab open. Interestingly when it was open, a "peer reset" message appeared on SharePoint.

I would appreciate any thoughts from someone who has set these up before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Power Apps sharing with external O365 users

Thanks Gareth @GarethPrisk ,

The problem was actually at the other end (I was remote to them) - all working now.

It is good that you can share Apps with other O365 users - the amount of reporting and administration this has saved is incredible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Level 8

Can you configure a Gallery or Data Table with a direct connection to SharePoint, in lieu of collecting the data?
That might be a good check to see if it throws any errors.
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Thanks Gareth @GarethPrisk ,

The problem was actually at the other end (I was remote to them) - all working now.

It is good that you can share Apps with other O365 users - the amount of reporting and administration this has saved is incredible.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,671)