Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbn_nue
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power Apps triggering flow without any call from app

Hi Folks,

I'm facing a very weird issue which has ruined my day so far. I have a combo box in my canvas app. OnChange of the same, I used to call flow based on selected value. The same flow is called during click of a button. I removed it from both places as part of a troubleshoot. But for some reason, it acts like I never removed it and keeps working the same way. I checked in both edit mode and play mode (after clearing cache many times). When I check flow run history, I can see it being called whenever I click the button or change selection in combo box. 

The OnChange and OnSelect property of the combo_box is just false, I wonder how the flow gets triggered whenever I change it. Could any one please suggest some fix?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @rbn_nue ,

Have you run a Monitor session to see where it is being triggered?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@rbn_nue 

It might be silly but are you sure that you have re-published the app?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @rbn_nue ,

Have you run a Monitor session to see where it is being triggered?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@rbn_nue 

In addition to trying the Monitoring session make sure the flow is removed from your app

Mira_Ghaly_0-1658748828277.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
rbn_nue
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Mira_Ghaly  @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your quick inputs. Monitor session helped me figure out the issue. Turns out another screen was dependent on my start screen of the app (control dependency) . This caused that screen to load at start as well and triggered the flow. Appreciate the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,717)