cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleksandra1
Helper V
Helper V

Power Apps use Python?

Hi, I hope I get help here. I need do a project with using Power Apps. Can I use Python like backend, and JavaScript like fronted, and Power Apps will just visualize my results. If yes how can I connect it with Power Apps, I will be happy if somebody write we strict instruction. Thanks😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@Aleksandra1 

The native language for Power Apps is PowerFX. Choosing to use python/javascript is very unnatural.

Building PCF controls in order to host javascript is hard.

You have to host your python code outside of Power Apps and you would do this via a web host or Azure function - which is something you have to pay for. Since you've paid for this, why not also host your client side javascript here and avoid the additional Power Apps licensing costs?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
timl
Super User
Super User

@Aleksandra1 

It's possible to connect to Python code that you expose over a web service endpoint or Azure Function. You can also incorporate JavaScript/Typescript frontend code via PCF controls.

However, no Power App builder would ever develop an app like this. Power Apps is a low code/no code platform. If you want to build an app with a Python backend and JS frontend, I'd recommend that you build it using these languages and deploy it through a linux web host.

Thank you for answer:) But if I can connect python and javascript, why "no Power App builder would ever develop an app like this"🙂 I do not need to build hard app, there will be simple things, ale some stuffs I cannot create in Power Apps, so I will need to write a code.

timl
Super User
Super User

@Aleksandra1 

The native language for Power Apps is PowerFX. Choosing to use python/javascript is very unnatural.

Building PCF controls in order to host javascript is hard.

You have to host your python code outside of Power Apps and you would do this via a web host or Azure function - which is something you have to pay for. Since you've paid for this, why not also host your client side javascript here and avoid the additional Power Apps licensing costs?

Okay thank you, the problem is I have never built an app, that is my project. And I think that to create an app without power apps is more harder, because I need to do everything by myself even frontend. So thats why I wanted to use Power Apps. Also I have a question I was thinking about using Power Automate a mean using script with Power Automate and if i can connect it with power apps. Thank you for answers😊

timl
Super User
Super User

@Aleksandra1 - thanks for the clarification. It's very easy to call a Power Automate flow from Power Apps, so that would be an ideal way to extend the capabilities of an app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,745)