cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Apps views Power Automate Array as boolean.

I've been away from Power Apps for a couple months, and evidently things have changed.  I'm calling a Power Automate Flow, that executes a SQL Query and returns an array.  The Flow works as expected, and the response returns the array in the body.  When I set this value to a collection in Power Apps, it only shows one column with "Value" set to "true".  How do I get it to honor the schema sent back in the response?

Steveo1_0-1613176311888.png

ClearCollect(
    FilteredRecords,
    AADtoFOGetGiftsByBatchType.Run(
        Text(
            DatePickerStart.SelectedDate,
            "yyyy-mm-dd"
        ),
        Text(
            DatePickerEnd.SelectedDate,
            "yyyy-mm-dd"
        ),
        JSON(
            ThisItem.Value.BatchPrefixes
        )
    )
);

Steveo1_1-1613176595233.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steveo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I solved this.  For anyone else who encounters this issue, an experimental feature (under advanced settings) that used to be on by default was turned off.  I had to turn it on, close the app, and refresh the browser for it to work

Steveo1_0-1613226959803.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Steveo1 ,

Talking in standard connectors ...

There is nothing wrong and nothing changed in PoweraApps regarding your issue. The PowerAutomate does not return and never returned array as response to PowerApps.

Here are the options:

In your PowerAutomate flow you need to define the parameter which will be returned to PowerApps and inside PowerApps you can refer to this parameter as:

Set(myReturnedParameter, YouFlow().myDefinedParameterInPowerAutomate)

The value you received and you kept in a collection is the confirmation that the flow run successfull.

Hope it helps !

@gabibalaban , Thanks for your reply.  I'm not talking about the "Respond to PowerApps" action.  I'm aware it does not return an array.  I am talking about what Microsoft refers to as the "response method".  Return an Array from Flow to PowerApps (Response Method) | Microsoft Power Apps.  This blog post is from 2018, but I have done this in other Power Apps to successfully return arrays, as recently as a few months ago.  

Here is an example of a document security Power App I worked on a few months ago.  It gets categories from a SharePoint list (and security roles from SharePoint), to determine which file categories a user can view.  It is still successfully returning an array to Power Apps.  

Steveo1_2-1613222805703.png

Steveo1_3-1613222827220.png

Steveo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I solved this.  For anyone else who encounters this issue, an experimental feature (under advanced settings) that used to be on by default was turned off.  I had to turn it on, close the app, and refresh the browser for it to work

Steveo1_0-1613226959803.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,624)