cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power Apps

Hello all,

in my new app I have two forms, the first one is to log in and the second one some personal information about the users. When I submit the data to Excel it looks like this:

User      Password        Age       Weight

Jake        1234               

25            65

and I want the personal info to appear in line with the user and password.

Jake        1234               25            65

What can I do to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@732113 

To validate the Username and Password and obtain the row of data from Excel put this code in the Submit button.

Set(varUserRecord, LookUp(your_datasource_name, Username=TextInput_Username.Text And Password=TextInput_Password.Text));
If(IsBlank(varUserRecord), Notify("Username and password not valid", Notification.Error));

The. Put this code in the Item property of the Edit Form on the next screen.

varUserRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Please can you show the forms as a screen shot?

In your personal datasource is your table structured (Do you have all these columns):

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Regular Visitor

Captura (23).pngCaptura (24).png

Yes, I have all the columns in the Excel.

@732113 

To validate the Username and Password and obtain the row of data from Excel put this code in the Submit button.

Set(varUserRecord, LookUp(your_datasource_name, Username=TextInput_Username.Text And Password=TextInput_Password.Text));
If(IsBlank(varUserRecord), Notify("Username and password not valid", Notification.Error));

The. Put this code in the Item property of the Edit Form on the next screen.

varUserRecord

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,720)