cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snaefellnes
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate: Action 'Delete_item' failed in a sharepoint list

As per @JR-BejeweledOne suggestion, I have post my question on the PowerAutomate group

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Power-Automate-Action-Delete-item-failed-...

If an admin can delete posts, it could be remove from here

Original post:

Greetings,

We have a flow which has been running fine for ~9 months, it is triggered when an item is added in a sharepoint list, does a simple operation and delete the item from the sharepoint list. Nothing fancy. For the last two weeks, I see that hundreds of error are now happening when the delete item action is attempted. Last night I purged the list from all 1700 items that were left and I also emptied the site recycle bin. This morning, more than two hundred items have failed to be deleted since last night, the flow ran successfully ~900 times. I need to figure out why it is now failing so often to delete the item in the Sharepoint list.

Error message is:

Action 'Delete_item' failed

{

"status": 400,

"message": "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904\r\nclientRequestId: 2747b65e-f5f3-4538-ace4-3807f2843035\r\nserviceRequestId: 2747b65e-f5f3-4538-ace4-3807f2843035"

}

The flow is performing these operations:

2021_05_12_08_17_50_Window.jpg

If I resubmit a failed run, it will execute successfully and delete the item. Right now it seems to work 80% of the time but that ratio looks like it is becoming less successfull every day.

I realize it may be more of a Sharepoint issue than Flow, but I got to start somewhere 🙂

Thanks for any suggestion and pointers,

Eric

1 REPLY 1
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

This should really be in the Power Automate forum  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Power-Automate/ct-p/MPACommunity

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,798)