cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate V
Advocate V

Power Automate (Flow) called by PowerApps, runs for one domain but not others.

One of my PowerApps calls Flow using a button to run a store procedure.  Users from the same AD domain with me run it just fine, however, users from a different domain of the same forest fail to update the database, flow status is successful. Where else can I look to find the break point? Is there a way to find out who run the Flow? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If the flow is completing problem must be sql side.
Have you tried adding
Begin transaction / commit transaction to your stored procedure and then checking the transaction logs?

I still find the whole ms permission model weird, ie you create a connection to OneDrive for business and use credentials for it, however whoever invokes the flow from PowerApps it uses their crendentials and their onedrive, why ask for credentials in the first place? Maybe something similar happening here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

the App, flow, gateway and connection shared with the other domain users? Only have one domain so trying to get my head around it.

The app is shared with the users and everything within PowerApps run fine, except that button calling the Flow.  Sharing for Flow and Gateway are for admins or co-owners only? The connection to the database is using basic authentication with a SQL server service account. 

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If the flow is completing problem must be sql side.
Have you tried adding
Begin transaction / commit transaction to your stored procedure and then checking the transaction logs?

I still find the whole ms permission model weird, ie you create a connection to OneDrive for business and use credentials for it, however whoever invokes the flow from PowerApps it uses their crendentials and their onedrive, why ask for credentials in the first place? Maybe something similar happening here

View solution in original post

Hi @NewBee117 ,

Please check on below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/share-buttons

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You are correct, we've found the problem in the stored procedure. Once the logic is modified to include the condition, it is now working. It is not AD domain related at all. Thank you all for trying to help along the way!    🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,463)