cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLA
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Flow invoke error from Power App

Hi All,

we built a Canvas App based on a SharePoint list. We have a button calling a Power Automate Flow to create a Project in Project Online. For me as the owner of the flow the button works fine. For all others it fails with the message "flow.run failed: @ { "code": "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed","message": "Failed to parse invoker connections from trigger 'manual' outputs. Exception: Could not find any valid connection for connection reference name 'shared_sharepointonline' in APIM tokens header."}

TLA_0-1611872808666.png

We already tried deleting the flow in the Power App and readding it, we exported / imported the flow, we "saved as" the flow and even the Power App - to no avail.

I added a dummy flow with a dummy button and only a simple variable action in it - people were able to fire that action in Power App. But as soon as I added a "Get item" SharePoint action, the error was back on the dummy flow as well.

In the meantime, I made all testers of the App Co-Owners of the Flow, they have full access to the SharePoint list that is being accessed. But still not working.

So any ideas?

Btw. the accounts all have MFA enabled - could this be an issue?

Here is my dummy flow:

TLA_1-1611873310075.png

TLA_2-1611873599023.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TLA ,

As per that error message “in APIM tokens header”, basically I assume enabled MFA caused this issue. Have you tried refreshing SharePoint connector after creating/editing the flow?

Please refer to below blog:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/recommendations-for-conditional-access-and-multi-factor-au...

At the bottom, you will find:

Effect 7: Creation of SharePoint out-of-box flows:

The creation and execution of SharePoint out-of-box flows, such as the "Request Signoff" and "Page Approval" flows, can be blocked by conditional access policies. SharePoint documentation on conditional access policies indicates that these policies can cause access issues that affect both first-party and third-party apps. 

To work around this, please refer to below blog:

https://blog.peterdahl.net/2018/01/09/microsoft-flow-and-azure-conditional-access-azure-mfa/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

TLA
Regular Visitor

It took some time to go through all the administrational stuff, but the blog post above brought me onto the right track. Indeed it seems that the Power Automate Flow was not able to run, because of the connections running with my user credentials with MFA enabled. Refreshing the connections did not help.

I recreated the Power Automate Flow now with a System Account with MFA DISabled. All connections now run in the context of the service account and the flow now can be successfully triggered from our Canvas App.

5 REPLIES 5
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @TLA ,

In PowerAutomate flow history log which action actually fails ? Most probably Sharepoint - Get Items 

It does not even trigger the flow. The error occurs immediately without the workflow even starting.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TLA ,

As per that error message “in APIM tokens header”, basically I assume enabled MFA caused this issue. Have you tried refreshing SharePoint connector after creating/editing the flow?

Please refer to below blog:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/recommendations-for-conditional-access-and-multi-factor-au...

At the bottom, you will find:

Effect 7: Creation of SharePoint out-of-box flows:

The creation and execution of SharePoint out-of-box flows, such as the "Request Signoff" and "Page Approval" flows, can be blocked by conditional access policies. SharePoint documentation on conditional access policies indicates that these policies can cause access issues that affect both first-party and third-party apps. 

To work around this, please refer to below blog:

https://blog.peterdahl.net/2018/01/09/microsoft-flow-and-azure-conditional-access-azure-mfa/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TLA ,

Have you resolved this problem yet?

Best regards,

TLA
Regular Visitor

It took some time to go through all the administrational stuff, but the blog post above brought me onto the right track. Indeed it seems that the Power Automate Flow was not able to run, because of the connections running with my user credentials with MFA enabled. Refreshing the connections did not help.

I recreated the Power Automate Flow now with a System Account with MFA DISabled. All connections now run in the context of the service account and the flow now can be successfully triggered from our Canvas App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,888)