cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAL

Power Automate Forms to Excel

Good afternoon,

I'm a little new to MS Flow/Power Automate, but all my research and efforts at trying solutions has failed me. So, I'm here to ask for help.

I have a vlookup Excel document that has both an input page and a data page. The input page calculates a sum based on the choices selected for each question. The data page is never touched.

I created a Form in Office 365 that physically mirrors the questions and answer choices for the vlookup Excel document. What I'd like to have done is take the Forms responses that are generated from completing the Form and have it auto filled into the Excel document so that the sum is automatically generated without having to manually fill out the Excel document each time. And if possible, creating some kind of isolated copy of the submission for that newly filled-out Excel document from the Forms submission somewhere so that multiple submissions are not overwritten resulting in lost data.

First of all, is this even possible? If it's not, this would explain why I have failed to successfully accomplish this.

If it is possible, here is where I continually get held-up:

NAL_0-1602719411599.png

This is probably pretty early in the process of finishing this, but regardless of what path I try to take the "Table" option is not listed. So, for whatever reason I can not send data to the Excel document that Power Automate does in fact see as being uploaded. The Excel document is uploaded to Teams, in the correct channel, and is viewable. I don't know where I am going wrong, but after hours of working at this and not making headway, I could really use some guidance and answers.

Thanks so much!

Best,

NAL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@NAL 

This sounds like a Power Automate question rather than a PowerApps question.  I suggest you post this in the Power Automate Community instead. You’ll get a quicker and better response over there

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@NAL 

This sounds like a Power Automate question rather than a PowerApps question.  I suggest you post this in the Power Automate Community instead. You’ll get a quicker and better response over there

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,203)