cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vKartik
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate : triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName'] not recognized as Sharepoint field

Hi Everyone,

I have created a Power Automate flow where Trigger is  "New Item Created or Modified in Sharepoint list".

Sharepoint list Site address and List is fetched from Environment variable.

Because of this Dynamics content is not getting populated.

I have to retrieve the "Modified By" field value which I am unable to because of unavailability of Dynamic content.

I tried "triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName']" but this doesn't work as it is not recognized as Sharepoint Field

I have referred another flow (created by someone else) there they are able to fetch "ID" value using similar method and it is also recognized as Sharepoint field.

Let me know what I am missing.

Kindly refer the screenshot where I have highlighted triggeroutput syntax

vKartik_0-1670533066463.png

Trying to implement something similar to this

vKartik_0-1670533423467.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Parker
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There are two ways you can enter a formula expression in Power Automate.

1. As text, like you are doing now. You must surround your formula with and at-sign and curly brackets like so: @{triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName']}
  2. In the expression editor. Click on the "Expression" tab next to the "Dynamic content" tab and input your formula: triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName'].

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Scott_Parker
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There are two ways you can enter a formula expression in Power Automate.

1. As text, like you are doing now. You must surround your formula with and at-sign and curly brackets like so: @{triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName']}
  2. In the expression editor. Click on the "Expression" tab next to the "Dynamic content" tab and input your formula: triggerOutputs()?['body/Editor/DisplayName'].

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,130)