cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Automate use rights included with Power Apps licenses

Power Automate use within Power Apps is limited to the context of the Power Apps application. What this
means is that for both triggers and actions, flows included within a Power Apps application can connect
to:

• Any data source within the use rights of the Power Apps application - question: for example I'm using SQL premium connector in the app , so I can create the flow with actions/triggers using this only SQL connectors & standard connectors as they are already included.

• Directly with the Power Apps application (via built in trigger/action) - question: Using a built-in Power Apps trigger and/or action , my power app has  only SQL connector , but I can run the flow with any number of premium connectors other than SQL connector triggering from the particular built-in power app?

Kindly brief these points & look into the questions .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if you have a Per User license for an app using a Premium data source then you can use that connection in a related flow.  A related flow doesn't have to be triggered by the Power App where you are using the license if its a Per User license.  But it does have to be part of the broader purpose of the app.  For example, if you build an app using Dataverse for processing invoices then you could also have a recurrence triggered flow that archives invoice records after a certain date.  But you couldn't have a flow that just uses any table in Dataverse.  It has to be part of the overall business system you are enhancing by building the app.

Since I per app license is only designed to cover a single app I'm not really sure there are any use rights except for flows triggered by the app itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

1) SQL is a Premium connector.  There is a grandfather clause that lets people use SQL connections in existing applications for 5 years after Oct,, 2019.  But that's only for existing apps and flows.  So yes, if you had an existing app before Oct, 2019 that used SQL you can continue to use SQL in the existing flows that use that connection.  But for any new development SQL is considered premium.

2) No, again, SQL is only covered for existing apps created prior to Oct. 2019.  But that only covers SQL, not all Premium connectors.  Other Premium connectors are still considered Premium for either Apps or flows.

SQL is a special case and really only covers existing uses.  New development requires Premium licensing for both Apps and Flows if they use Premium connections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Pstork1  thanks a lot for your response .

But my question is regarding power automate use rights...when we purchase any standalone power apps licenses for ex: power apps per app plan. 

SQL connector is just an example , it can be any other premium connector & now kindly read my queries based on this:

Power Automate use within Power Apps is limited to the context of the Power Apps application. What this
means is that for both triggers and actions, flows included within a Power Apps application can connect
to:

• Any data source within the use rights of the Power Apps application - question: for example I'm using SQL premium connector in the app , so I can create the flow with actions/triggers using this only SQL connectors & standard connectors as they are already included.

• Directly with the Power Apps application (via built in trigger/action) - question: Using a built-in Power Apps trigger and/or action , my power app has  only SQL connector , but I can run the flow with any number of premium connectors other than SQL connector triggering from the particular built-in power app?

Kindly brief these points & look into the questions .

Yes, if you have a Per User license for an app using a Premium data source then you can use that connection in a related flow.  A related flow doesn't have to be triggered by the Power App where you are using the license if its a Per User license.  But it does have to be part of the broader purpose of the app.  For example, if you build an app using Dataverse for processing invoices then you could also have a recurrence triggered flow that archives invoice records after a certain date.  But you couldn't have a flow that just uses any table in Dataverse.  It has to be part of the overall business system you are enhancing by building the app.

Since I per app license is only designed to cover a single app I'm not really sure there are any use rights except for flows triggered by the app itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,803)