cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchM
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Integration. Please Help!!!!

I am having major issues with Power BI integration. This is happening on 2 fronts:

1. I have a App that in the past worked just fine. I Saved As and renamed it so I could use it in a new report. I am able to select the report in Power BI, and navigate to the App in my Browser. However, when I attempt to use [@PowerBIIntegration].Data I only see the values from the old PowerBI report, none of the ones from the new report from which I launched the browser session. I have done the following:

a. cleared all browsing history and cache

b. tried both chrome and edge (and performed step a on both)

c. performed both [@PowerBIIntegration].Refresh() and Refresh([@PowerBIIntegration]) commands within the App.

2. Based on number 1 I decided to bite the bullet and create a new app from scratch. However, I can not do this because I am repeatedly getting a "The Is A Problem With Power Apps Studio Right Now. Please Try Again Later" error. Expanding the message reveals a "Failed to create or join session (API: JoinSession)xhr error. Status: 401, response: Invalid join token". I repeated a and b from above on this problem as well with.

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MitchM
Frequent Visitor

Final Thoughts and Solution

I have been working with it for  2 days now and it appears to work just fine when launching PowerApps Studio from Power BI Service. Of course this is a major pain in the ass if I need to create a new measure as I need to do it in desktop, publish, and then reload the report in Power BI. It would be great if MS could fix the integration with Desktop.

tldr; Use PowerBI service to launch PowerApps Studio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
test27
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue!

MitchM
Frequent Visitor

Update:

After numerous reboots and clearing of cache I finally was able to create a new app in Chrome. This has raised a new issue:

1. I am able to add fields from PowerBI and when I am in PowerApps studio I can see them with PowerBIIntegration.Data.

2. If I create a label to display data for one of those fields It shows up no problem and changes as I filter in Power BI

3. I assume this means that the integration is working.

BUT

If add a new field to the visual in PowerBI it does not show up in PowerApps. I have waited an hour and it has still not shown up. This is insane!! How the hell do you force the integration to look for new fields?

MitchM
Frequent Visitor

Update 2:

I can get it to work if I add the visual and work with it in Service. It looks like the integration with Desktop is shot to hell. Super annoying. Before closing this I will work with it to make sure it is stable. Also, anyone with tips on getting it to work in desktop wol be appreciated if they can share.

MitchM
Frequent Visitor

Final Thoughts and Solution

I have been working with it for  2 days now and it appears to work just fine when launching PowerApps Studio from Power BI Service. Of course this is a major pain in the ass if I need to create a new measure as I need to do it in desktop, publish, and then reload the report in Power BI. It would be great if MS could fix the integration with Desktop.

tldr; Use PowerBI service to launch PowerApps Studio.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,406)