cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deannapi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Integration thisitem

I am pulling data in from SQL Server into my PBI report, then using the Power App integration visual tool.

I add a gallery to the app and changed the Items to "PowerBIIntegration.Data"

deannapi_0-1662050414737.png

When I go to change the labels to select a column item from the dashboard data, nothing shows up on my "ThisItem." 

deannapi_1-1662050464470.png

How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @deannapi, you will need to embed PowerApps into Power BI. Please refer to the solution in this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Get-data-from-power-bi-dataset/m-p/1292842#M...

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

I do have the app embedded in PBI 

deannapi_0-1662051126205.png

@deannapi, do you have the PowerBIIntegration in you PowerApps Tree View?

pobi.png

In this documentation, read carefully step number 3 and the note:

Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

yes, I have the integration in my appdeannapi_0-1662052888829.png

@deannapi, I wasn't able to replicate your issue. It could be a corrupted control. You can try to delete the Gallery and add a new one, and also, you might need to reconnect from the Power BI after adding a new PowerApps visual. 

deannab
Regular Visitor

Power BI needed the update. it works now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,643)