cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deannapi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Integration thisitem

I am pulling data in from SQL Server into my PBI report, then using the Power App integration visual tool.

I add a gallery to the app and changed the Items to "PowerBIIntegration.Data"

deannapi_0-1662050414737.png

When I go to change the labels to select a column item from the dashboard data, nothing shows up on my "ThisItem." 

deannapi_1-1662050464470.png

How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @deannapi, you will need to embed PowerApps into Power BI. Please refer to the solution in this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Get-data-from-power-bi-dataset/m-p/1292842#M...

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

I do have the app embedded in PBI 

deannapi_0-1662051126205.png

@deannapi, do you have the PowerBIIntegration in you PowerApps Tree View?

pobi.png

In this documentation, read carefully step number 3 and the note:

Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

yes, I have the integration in my appdeannapi_0-1662052888829.png

@deannapi, I wasn't able to replicate your issue. It could be a corrupted control. You can try to delete the Gallery and add a new one, and also, you might need to reconnect from the Power BI after adding a new PowerApps visual. 

deannab
Regular Visitor

Power BI needed the update. it works now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,284)