cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiranIrani

Power BI Live Tile No Longer Working

I have a Canvas Power App within which I have been displaying a Power BI Dashboard which was inserted as a Live Tile. This has been working fine for the last few months.

A couple of days ago I updated the app and the connection to the dashboard 'broke'.

Now, when I try and re-create the tile in the App, I can select the relevant dashboard in the tile data selection, but it will no longer display the dashboard. It briefly displays a message stating "The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it" then goes blank.

Nothing else has changed in the app, nothing has changed regarding my permissions to either the Power Apps or Power BI environment (I'm an admin in both).

Has anyone experienced this? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiranIrani ,

Could you tell me:

Is this a common problem?

Have you tried creating a new dashboard and creating a new canvas app?

Please check if you have set a title for the tile.

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1612152033055.png

In addition, you could try to remove power Bi TILE from your existing app.Then please save and publish the app that has deleted the control.Finally, please add the control again and save the app and publish it.

Sometimes you need to close the canvas app and reopen it.

Maybe this will solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,004)