cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Tile filter based on Sharepoint Directory lookup column

Hi all,

I have a column in a SP list called 'Personnel_Name' that is a person/group look up column. In PowerApps I have embedded a BI tile that I would like to dynamically filter based on the selected individual in my 'Gallery_Resourcing' gallery. Each person may have multiple rows in the SP list based on the different projects they may be working on. For example:

Personnel_NameProject TitleHours/Week
Person 1Project 212 
Person 1Project 1
Person 1Project 310

The gallery items are set to: Sort(Distinct([SP List], Personnel_Name),Result.DisplayName).

The Power BI Tile URL is set to: "......&filter=SP List/Personnel_Name  eq '"& Gallery_Resourcing.Selected.Result.DisplayName &"'"

However, this doesn't filter the tile as required. Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power BI Tile filter based on Sharepoint Directory lookup column

Hi @adas10 ,

Does your Power BI report connect to your SP List?

Do you want to filter results that appear in your Power BI tile based on the Person type column?

If you want to filter results that appear in your Power BI tile based on the Person type column, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. Currently, there are some known limits within filter in Power BI Tile control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile#pass-a-p...

The Field type used in your Power BI Tile filter must be a String, currently, complex type field (e.g. Person, Choice, LookUp, ...) is not available/supported as filter column in Power BI Tile control.

As an alternative solution, you could consider create a Text type field in your SP List to store the person name, then you could use the Text field column as filter column in your Power BI Tile control.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power BI Tile filter based on Sharepoint Directory lookup column

Hi @adas10 ,

Does your Power BI report connect to your SP List?

Do you want to filter results that appear in your Power BI tile based on the Person type column?

If you want to filter results that appear in your Power BI tile based on the Person type column, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. Currently, there are some known limits within filter in Power BI Tile control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile#pass-a-p...

The Field type used in your Power BI Tile filter must be a String, currently, complex type field (e.g. Person, Choice, LookUp, ...) is not available/supported as filter column in Power BI Tile control.

As an alternative solution, you could consider create a Text type field in your SP List to store the person name, then you could use the Text field column as filter column in your Power BI Tile control.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,091)