cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HendrikDC
Level: Powered On

Re: Power BI Tile in PowerApps not picking up filter

Thanks for your reply Modev. I'm not aware of any language pack (I'm based in Australia so I work in English anyway)

MODEV

Hello,

I have asked powerapps french developpers and we have all the same problem:

I have asked Microsoft powerapps support too and this is the answer:

"I understand that you are having issues with “problem with dynamic filtering in power apps”. We sincerely apologize to inform you that this is identified as the behavior of the solution at the moment.

This has been communicated to our development team "

I'm still looking for an issue

Have a good day

HendrikDC

Thanks for the update Modev. Good to know it's not something we're not doing right so shouldn't waste any further time on it for now.

davinius

Hi, is there any update on this ? , because i still can't filter the power bi tile

Dudditz
Level 8

seems to be broken to me.  Does not work at all from the powerapps side no matter what we try.

Power Apps Staff jovan
Power Apps Staff

Hi everyone,

I tried embedding Power BI in PowerApps to see if something has regressed, but the filtering still works fine for me.

So I have a couple of diagnostic questions:

1. Is there anybody for whom the embedding worked, and then stopped working on its own (without changes to the PowerApp or the Power BI tile)?
  2. Is there anybody who can filter the embedded visual using an embedding playground like the one at https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html# but cannot filter it when showing it in PowerApps?
Liyaquat

@jovan Per question 1: We had a PowerBI Tile and Canvas app that correctly displayed the information up until the start of this week.

Currently the visualization is displaying incorrectly, but clicking and redirecting to PowerBI Services shows the correct filtered data.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Leo

barlowse

I just started trying to test this out. But no luck filtering a power bi tile within power apps. Maybe it's a syntax problem. But I can not get it to work. This is what I am appending to the tile url.

"https://app.powerbi.com/embed?dashboardId=<some data>&groupId=<some data>&config=<some data>&$filter=Projects/cr8e0_username eq 'TestGuest'"

In Power BI - Projects is a merged table, cr8e0_username is a text field.

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff jovan
Power Apps Staff

@barlowse One possible gotcha is that you are may be trying to filter a "pinned live page" not a pinned visual, as explained in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-BI-tile-filter-not-working/m-p/434129/...

barlowse

Thanks! That was what I was doing wrong. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,653)