cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farhandsome
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI Tiles - unable to find tiles in dashboard?

HI all,

I'm having an issue of attaching some tiles within my PowerApps screen. See attached pic below:

PowerApps BI Integration Error.PNG

As you can see, the tile field is grayed out, even though there are several tiles contained in this dashboard. I have other tiles that work just fine in other dashboards. The only difference is that these are attached to DirectQuery data - not sure if that makes a difference. 

Anybody experience something similar to this?

Thanks,

Farhan 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @farhandsome ,

Do you mean that the available tiles would not be shown up when you connect the Power BI Tile control to a dashboard including Direct Query connection?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

3.JPG

On your side, please consider clear cache of your browser, and then sign in your PowerApps again, try the Power BI Tile control again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also make sure that you have pined the Power BI report to proper dashboard. And specified proper dashboard within the Power BI Tile control in your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found a solution!

This is really weird but there it is: independently of whether your tile has a title, you MUST go the tile in the service, edit it and change its name (add an extra letter, whatever), refresh your app and voilà! The dropdown list in the power bi tile in your app will be updated!

9 REPLIES 9
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @farhandsome ,

Do you mean that the available tiles would not be shown up when you connect the Power BI Tile control to a dashboard including Direct Query connection?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

3.JPG

On your side, please consider clear cache of your browser, and then sign in your PowerApps again, try the Power BI Tile control again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also make sure that you have pined the Power BI report to proper dashboard. And specified proper dashboard within the Power BI Tile control in your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JovinWang

same issue block my work, makes me FUC~

JovinWang

I DO, No solution. Paining

same here. tried clean cach, relogin.  On luck.

tdargan
Advocate I
Advocate I

same issue here... specifically with the Gauge tile. It only works shows up as an option if there's nothing in the Max field. The problem may not be specific to the Max field, but i gave up after that. Without a Max value, it's useless. 

The third party gauges work. 

jnberhkvbekhf
Advocate II
Advocate II

I could not view dashboards in My Workspace in my Power Apps Power Bi tiles.  As v-xida-msft suggested, I signed out and in again and it solved my problem.  I did not close my browser or clear my cache.  Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same issue. I tried creating new workspaces, new dashboards, clearing caches and cookies but still, the power bi tile dropdown remains grayed out.

Is there a delay before refreshing the tiles? It has been several hours since I have made the change.

Thanks,

Philippe

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found a solution!

This is really weird but there it is: independently of whether your tile has a title, you MUST go the tile in the service, edit it and change its name (add an extra letter, whatever), refresh your app and voilà! The dropdown list in the power bi tile in your app will be updated!

Philipe_Torres, this solutions worked for me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,102)