Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OsmandFernando
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI and Powerapps

Hi, 

Can we embed a power bi report to PowerApps or can we give a link from powerApps to open the Power BI report?

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@OsmandFernando .

Ah right. According to this article, it looks like you cannot refresh a Power BI tile in Power Apps yet.

If your data is in a SharePoint List, perhaps you can use use the graphing functionality in PowerApps?

Or else, you may need to hyperlink to the Power BI report with the launch(...) function.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EvanTse
Helper III
Helper III

@OsmandFernando .

You can't embed a Power BI report in Power Apps yet, you can only embed Power BI tiles.

Please check out this Microsoft blog post for more information.

You can link out to the Power BI report by getting the sharing link and then using the function Launch( [add url here] ), you can find more information on the launch function here.

EvanTse.

@EvanTse 

Thank you for your reply, I would like to ask a follow up question, before that following is my background, 

I am Having SharePoint lists and I have created a Power BI reports using desktop and published to web. I did using power bi desktop becasue as per my understanding we can not connect to SharePoint lists from Power BI services. Then created dashboard using the report. Finally I used the Power BI Tiles option to include to powerapps as you guided. 

Queston is,

• How can I update the power bi reports in powerapps?

Osmand

@OsmandFernando.

I am not too sure what you mean by update the Power BI reports in PowerApps.

Are you asking how can you tell if the data is updated? or are you asking how can users interact with the Power BI tile?

ok, let me provide more details with a scenario, 

Scenario, 

• I enter a sales entry using Powerapps
  • Then It stored in the SharePoint List

Now I want to see the impact of the newly added sales items in the Power BI tiles included in the powerapps

Hope it is clear now

@EvanTse 

Thank you

Osmand

@OsmandFernando .

Ah right. According to this article, it looks like you cannot refresh a Power BI tile in Power Apps yet.

If your data is in a SharePoint List, perhaps you can use use the graphing functionality in PowerApps?

Or else, you may need to hyperlink to the Power BI report with the launch(...) function.

View solution in original post

@EvanTse  Thank you for the useful information

Osmand 

Hi,

I did same thing as you, same work Flow. 

When you refresh data in Power BI you will be able to see data updated in PowerApps as well.

You won't be able to refresh PowerApps, but you definitely can refresh Power BI. 

I used a Power Automate Flow to refresh the data set in Power BI every time there is new data in the SharePoint list.

Of course, you can only refresh data in Power BI PRO license 8 times a day and in Power BI Premium license 48 times a day.  Even though the flow in Power Automate is automated, Power BI Will only refresh depending on your licence.

Hope this helps 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,056)