cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Power BI (can't refresh - can't post to forum)

I am really streching it here....because this problem is really about Power BI, but I figured one of you might know. I can't post to the Power BI community because it's not taking my Office 365 credentials in the community for some reason.

I am trying to schedule refreshes on my Power BI dashboard. I opened the dashboard and checked that the data sources are all from portal "X" (assuming X stands for my customer's name): https://x.sharepoint.com/sites/demos, and I'm logged in as audrie@x.com.When I publish the app to the Group (Group for X), it arrives just fine with all the other reports that are published there and which all live on the X tenant.....but when I go to schedule a refresh it says that I configured it under my business portal (rather than the customer portal), but I swear I didn't. Being that I figured Power BI was confused, I went back to the desktop app, again first checking who I was signed in as (audrie@x.com), then I opened and RESAVED the report under a different name with that account.

Again all the data sources in the report are on the x.com domain, and I resaved it to my desktop while signed in under that domain. Finally, I reopened the copy I just made under a different name and REPUBLISHED it to my group under a different name (I also deleted the first data set and report from the group). But still Power BI is insisting that I created the dashboard under the other alias of my business. PLEASE help me get the credentials fixed on this report.....I'm stuck without the ability to refresh the data. I have a Power BI Pro license. (Note: I know how to schedule refreshes as I have too other reports refreshing - but this one is a credentials issue.....it thinks I need the gateway - but I don't.

This is on this forum because when I use my app launcher it handles my credentials for posting here - but I've tried several times to post to the Power BI portal but it doesn't take my office 365 credentials. Anyone know why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,259)