cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI dashboard elements not showing up as a Tile option in PowerApps

See below the screenshots of the issue. Not sure why the options to add to the tiles are not all appearing. Any help would be appreciated!

Dashboard called testDash with 5 elementsDashboard called testDash with 5 elementsOnly 2 of the same element are appearing in Tile optionsOnly 2 of the same element are appearing in Tile options

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just after posting this in despair, I found the solution: you need to give the Tile a Title within the Power BI dashboard in order to show up in PowerApps. So a title from the Power BI report that displays in the dashboard seems not enough (if you edit the tile, the title will be empty).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check: 

Have you made the Power BI content visible to those users?

The dashboard where the tile comes from needs to be shared with the user on Power BI. This ensures that Power BI sharing permissions are respected when Power BI content is accessed in an app.

Here's a doc for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/nb-no/blog/power-bi-tile-in-powerapps/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the only user making this app who needs permission so I don't see why this would be the issue. Also, it seems you need to have Power Bi Pro to share dashboards. 

Unless there is a visibility option that I need to check. If so, where would that be?

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous has this been solved for you? I'm facing exactly this issue right now (actually: no tiles showing up at all). Thanks!

Just after posting this in despair, I found the solution: you need to give the Tile a Title within the Power BI dashboard in order to show up in PowerApps. So a title from the Power BI report that displays in the dashboard seems not enough (if you edit the tile, the title will be empty).

View solution in original post

@JelleR I wish I came across this thread a couple of hours earlier. Thank you

Also added note: I found you needed to add a subtitle as well as a title to the tile

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,930)