cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajose1
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dashboard embedded in the Canvas App is showing error "The report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it".

Power BI dashboard embedded in the Canvas App is showing error "The report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it". 

Any alternate option to show power bi report in powerapps (without asking the user to sign in)?

7 REPLIES 7
SydSpiderman
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI service -> Open the Power BI REPORT -> go to Edit mode by clicking on "Edit" button -> File -> Publish to Web.

Just make use of this embedded URL in your PowerApps's Power BI control URL. 

Hi,

There is no option like Publish to Web. I guess you are mentioning about the option ' Securely embed this report in a website or portal', but this will prompt the user to sign in to Power BI before viewing the report in Power Apps. I am looking for an option which doesn't ask for a sign In (Single sign on).

Thanks

Please see the screenshot below, the one right below Embed in Sharepoint; Probably your Admin has blocked this button from displaying in your company?

SydSpiderman_0-1612750110230.png

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

This option is blocked . Is there any other option which doesn't ask for a sign In (Single sign on) from PowerApps.

The embed dashboard option was working fine till last week. Now it is showing the error "The report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it". Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks

please go to power BI report security and check if you have at least View permission.

I am the owner of this dashboard and this was working fine till last week. This is not the problem with 1 dashboard.

All the dashboards embedded in Power Apps using the Power BI tile is showing this error.

JisungHan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajose1 ,

I have researched this issue in MS internal reference and found that there was an outage for Power BI side.

Power BI product team is working on this issue. There is no ETA as of now.

I would suggest,

1. Check Office 365 Health dashboard to see whether there is a notification regarding Power BI

2. Raising a support ticket to Power BI team. "Live report page tile doesn't render in tile embed"

And please test it after clearing cache on the browser in private(incognito) mode as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,
Jisung Han

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,850)