cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cattre
Level: Powered On

Power BI integration - poor resolution on visual

I have recently added a simple edit form app to a Power BI report and it seems to be working fine apart from the resolution, which makes all the text look slightly blurry.

I haven't come across anyone else with this issue yet online, but my colleague is seeing the same thing so it's not just me (plus I've tried on a couple of different computers/monitors).

The rest of the Power BI report is showing correctly, it's just the Power App visual. When I edit the Power App in the studio everything looks fine.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: Power BI integration - poor resolution on visual

@cattre 

1. Try change the resolution in desktop - does it remain blurry?
  2. Try disable anti-aliasing on your hardware video card driver and see if it helps.
  3. To check if it is happening globally or only in your case, try sharing PowerApp to user who has the PowerApps app installed on mobile device, and have user open app from PowerApps applicatoon - does it look blurry there as well?

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @cattre ,

Does this issue happen on PowerBI desktop? What is the resolution of your screen? 

Though I cannot reproduce the issue, some suggestions hope help.

1. check screen resolution, set the scale to 100%, and the resolution to the recommended. e.g. 1920*1080

2. uninstall the PowerBI desktop and reinstall it 

Sik

cattre
Level: Powered On

Thanks both for your responses. The issue seems to have improved (or else I didn't test properly before).

It seems fine in Power BI Desktop now. It is also OK when viewing via the online service on my laptop screen. So the issue now is only when using a second monitor. I'm aware could be due to many factors, however I've tested on a couple of different systems and get the same issue (as has a colleague). The resolution is set to the recommended settings (!00%, 2560 x 1440). I don't know how to disable anti-aliasing (might not have permission on my work laptop) but have switched off the Windows "smooth edges of images and text" setting.

Anything else I can try before putting it down to dodgy monitors?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,763)