cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewGeddes Helper I
Helper I

Power BI slowing PowerApp form load

All,

I've got a PowerApp embedded in a report that's passing over some selection information to filter the app in both info display and form. The issue - the form takes forever to load due to the size of the PBI file.

Is it possible to limit what PowerApps sees from PBI? All I need is what's selected in real time in the PBI dashboard to filter the PowerApp (gallery or form fields x 2)

Any thoughts here?

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Power BI slowing PowerApp form load

Hi @AndrewGeddes 

In your gallery in PowerApps - set items property to First(PowerBIDataIntegration.Data)

AndrewGeddes Helper I
Helper I

This will affect the edit form on a separate screen? The gallery seems to load okay. When launching the form is where I run into issues. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AndrewGeddes 

what is the item propery of the form control - it should be gallery.selected

how many controls are on this form?

Highlighted
AndrewGeddes Helper I
Helper I

Two controls attached to PBI integration, 5 to a SharePoint list (that's currently empty).

The formula on the two fields attached to PBI to get the current state is:

LookUp('SharePoint List',Time=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Time').Time

and

LookUp('SharePoint List',Location=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Location').Location

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AndrewGeddes 

LookUp('SharePoint List',Time=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Time').Time

First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Time' - can be replaced with Gallery.Selected.Time

LookUp('SharePoint List',Location=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Location').Location

First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).'Location' - can be replaced with Gallery.Selected.Location

Not sure if it will speed it up but will not be querying your data source again to get first value - this will directly get info from gallery

AndrewGeddes Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Reza, unfortunately, it didn't really change much. Still very (very) slow loading. Is there a way to only load that control in real-time as selected in Power BI? Where right now it appears to be attempting to tackle the entire data set?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,729)