cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pasha1
Level: Powered On

Power BI tile integration in PowerApps

Hi all,

I have plotted a line chart in Power BI and then inserted it into PowerApps as a Power BI tile. I would like to add a series on the graph which would be based on user input from PowerApps. Is it possible to do as I couldn't find any way to do it. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
SKH19
Level 10

Re: Power BI tile integration in PowerApps

Can you please share a little more about your scenario?

Are you building a Model-driven app and you want to add a Power BI component to your personal dashboard?

Do you want your line graph to update dynamically based on something else you select on your dashboard?

Pasha1

I'm trying to build an app in PowerApps, I have inserted a Power BI tile, as you can see in the screenshot. For all 5 series of the line chart it sources the data from Power BI. What I would like to do is to leave the first four series (10%, 20%, 30% and 40%) as they are, but I would like to plot another series (MgO) which would be based on the values that would be entered by a user of PowerApps in Text Input fields. Then the chart should be updated dynamically with the these values inside PowerApps as a Power BI Tile.
Does that make sense?

I couldn't find any way to do it, so not sure if it's possible.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pasha1,

Do you mean that you want to use data from powerbi and PowerApps in powerbi tile?

I'm afraid it's not supported in PowerApps currently.

For now, you could only use existing data analysis and reporting of powerbi in powerbi tile.

Here's a doc about Powerbi tile for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile

I suggest you express your views about customizing powerbi tile on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SKH19
Level 10

@Pasha1 

I think I understand what you mean.

What is your data source for the Power BI report? What you could do, though it might take a little work to set up, is this:

1) Add the fields from your canvas app that you want to capture into the same data source that the Power BI report is connected to.

2) Use a Patch function to write to the data source when the user uses the canvas app.

3) Add these new fields to your Power BI report.

So the user makes changes in the canvas app, those changes are written back to the same data source the Power BI report is connected to using a Patch function, then the Power BI report reflects the changes. 

Let me know if that helps.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Pasha1

Thanks @SKH19 , that's a good idea. I got to step 3, however, I cannot get my list connected to Power BI, as I'm facing the same problem as everyone on these threads:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-linked-to-SharePoint-Lists-require-a-Personal-Gatew...

There doesn't seem to be a clear solution to this. (I tried sharing and using my credentials as well as general website, nothing worked)

SKH19
Level 10

@Pasha1 

Are you using SharePoint Online?

When you are given the prompt to set up your connection to SharePoint, which option do you select?

You might need to clear your permissions in order to check, as it probably cached them since your first login attempt and now skips the authentication options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,329)