cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc3781
Level: Power Up

Power Platform Storage Capacity and Licensing

Hi All,

I signed up for a Off365 Developer program recently and have a 3 month trial and as per the Off365 Developer Program FAQ

I should have "PowerApps for Office 365 Plan 3" which I am unclear if PowerApps is a part of it - I was able to create a few Canvas apps using Excel as a data source via Sharepoint and OneDrive.  I checked my licenses under PowerApps admin center and I see Tenant User Licenses:  

- Flow for Office 365  (no license)

- Flow Free (Microsoft Flow Free, expires at end of O365 dev trial period)

- PowerApps for Office 365 (no license)

I got notification that the database capacity is over 102300% / 0mb, does that mean I have no license to use?  if so, why did the app allow me to create apps?  I have raised a ticket with Microsoft PowerApps support and he is unable to show me where or what resource or setting is consuming the 1gb, see attached screenshot.  He advised me to purchase the monthly subscription plan which I'm ok but I would like to understand more on the usage.

Is this error caused by licensing issue?  and how to see the usage capacity in details?

Thank you for looking into this and sharing your thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: Power Platform Storage Capacity and Licensing

@dc3781 

PowerApps is a part of it, but it may not include Premium Connectors and there are some caveats.

It might let you create it even if it's over the tenant storage limit however, please note that your licensing agreement with Microsoft (i.e. "your" = anyone using Microsoft products) states you can usually use Office 365 Developer Tenants for the sole purpose of development of Office 365 Apps.

It may let you create it though, and it may let you use PowerApps and even, potentially, Power Automate as well (previously known as Microsoft Flow) under the specific limited rights of Office 365 Licenses as they pertain to PowerApps and Power Automate use rights.

dc3781
Level: Power Up

Re: Power Platform Storage Capacity and Licensing

Great, thank you.  That's very helpful information!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,435)