cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Power Portal Passing Field to Another Form's Entity

Hey, I'm having a difficulty in previewing a form from another entity that has one same field with the previous form.

So I'm having a token authentication form here in an entity form from the entity OTP. I'm not showing email field but there is a field called Email which already has data in it. 

byansakura_0-1599033807423.png

after submitted, I intend to redirect this page to another page that shows a form in edit with another entity which is Applicant that has the field Email with the same value as the one submitted in token authentication form, however, the form is not showing up

byansakura_1-1599034011788.png

On portal Management I've set the parameters as below, I think it has something to do with Append Attribute Value to Query String - Parameter Name or Logical Name however I have no idea what I should fill there if it is indeed the issue.

byansakura_2-1599034103084.png

I'm also thinking about using flow to show the desired form, however I don't seem to find any way to display form through portals using flow.

I'm really stuck there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Power Portal Passing Field to Another Form's Entity

Hi

When using the Append Record ID to Query String option, you will basically be sending the current created record to the next page, I am not sure that's what you need

I have a few questions once redirecting to the "Applicant" page:

• is that an existing record (as a hidden lookup)? If yes great, you can use the Append Custom Attribute option
  • in your previous validate-email page, do you have that record as a Lookup? or would you be able to get the record ID? 

from what I am seeing, you might need to query via oData the Applicant entity first to retrieve the Applicant ID, and then redirect to the Applicant edit page, does this make sense?

Like Tim mentioned, you can use Power Apps Portals forum for Portal related questions, you will probably get your answer quicker:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/bd-p/PowerAppsPortals

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @byansakura 

Welcome to the forums!

I think you can adopt this sort of strategy to pass your email value to your applicant form.

http://www.ariclevin.com/Blog/Post/pass-parameters-between-entity-forms 

You might get a better response if you post this question on the portals forum.

@OliverRodrigues knows this topic well - maybe he can comment.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

When using the Append Record ID to Query String option, you will basically be sending the current created record to the next page, I am not sure that's what you need

I have a few questions once redirecting to the "Applicant" page:

• is that an existing record (as a hidden lookup)? If yes great, you can use the Append Custom Attribute option
  • in your previous validate-email page, do you have that record as a Lookup? or would you be able to get the record ID? 

from what I am seeing, you might need to query via oData the Applicant entity first to retrieve the Applicant ID, and then redirect to the Applicant edit page, does this make sense?

Like Tim mentioned, you can use Power Apps Portals forum for Portal related questions, you will probably get your answer quicker:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/bd-p/PowerAppsPortals

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Yes , the Applicant is a Look Up field in the OTP. However, in the email validation it is not yet stated. I intend to use the email received from the OTP form to get the Applicant record that has the same email. I would like to use the record ID to retrieve the Applicant form. I think you have the idea of where I'm going right now.... 

I tried to create a flow but I'm not sure that I can pass the record ID using flow.1599034598628.jpg

maybe the append custom attribute is the answer but i dont know yet how to accomplish that

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thankyou @timl , @OliverRodrigues gets what i mean. I'm sorry i posted this in the wrong location, this is my first time using this forum and you guys have been a great help

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I think you are better off retrieving the data via oData or FetchXML:

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2019/03/retrieve-dynamics-365-crm-data-in-portal-by-calling-odata-using-...

https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/power-apps-portals-fetchxml-liquid-tag-and-entity-permissions#:~....

------------

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

If i'm not mistaken the OData is returning list where I just need to have one record that correlates with the token by email. Is that possible to achieve that?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

yes the odata will return a list

but if you have unique e-mail in your contact record, you can assume the first item of the list is the contact you need 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,504)