cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilberttouw
Frequent Visitor

Power Query Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am using Power Query in Data Integrator of Power Apps to connect an onpremise SQL database with the onpremise gateway to an manual created Enity in CDS. I saw that the Line no. field showed the wrong data (10.00 in stead of 10000). So i created a new field Line no.2 with a different data type Whole number instead of Floating Point Number. In the mapping i mapped the line No 2 field. when i run the project i get the following Error:

Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: ID: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. (Job ID: dde2860c-5a16-4ade-a316-79c2fb1d6fc5)

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Would you please share a screenshot of the field mapping, specially for the two field you mentioned?

Just from the error message, it should be caused by the required fields is without mapping.

Adding a blog for your reference:

Add Data to an entity in Common Data Service for Apps by using Power Query

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

if i map the crfb3_LineNo (Floating Point Number) = Data.Line No_ then i get LOAD STATUS Completed, but the data is 10 instead of 10000 (culture info)

if i map the crfb3_LineNo2 (Whole Number) = Data.Line No_ then i got the error.

Thats the only change in the mapping that i made.

Steps:

1) i created the cds entty

2) i created the data integration project from the on premise sql table to the cds entity from step 1

3) saw that the line no field showed 10 instead of 10000 (could not modify the field in the cds entity)

4) add an lineno2 field in the cds entity with different type (Whole number instead of Floating Point Number)

5) change the mapping in the data integration project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,315)