cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power app - custom connector response

Hi,

I have created custom connector to call rest api end point and storing the response in the collection. collection is having multiple table inside it like nested tables. I am able to pull the fields by using "." but this is not working when I use it inside the grouping. 

collections.png

SortByColumns(AddColumns(GroupBy(Filter(opportunitydet
,input_Search_Store_2.Text in store.address.streetAddress),"store.address.streetAddress","completionStatus","storeLocation","name"),"sumTotal",Sum(name,opportunityDollarSizeRetail)),"sumTotal",Descending)

getting message that "specified column store.address.streetAddress does not exist. the column with most similar name is "store"

any help here is appreciated 

Thanks

Jithesh

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jithubalan 

Since store is a child table, it isn't possible to reference it using syntax that looks like this:

store.address.streetAddress

Instead, to reference the first record in the store table, you would use this syntax:

First(store).address.streetAddress

If address is also a table, you would use this to reference the first address address in the table.

First(First(store).address).streetAddress

Hi timl,

thanks for the reply. I tried this solution but not working. Problem is only in groupby. in normal statement store.address.streetAddress is working.

jithubalan_0-1611094959899.png

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jithubalan 

The error message is saying that the column divisionRepresentative doesn't exist.

If in the collection's view, you click into the store cell, can you confirm what you see? Can you see a result set that includes the column divisionRepresentative?

Regular Visitor

Hi timl,

Thanks for looking into it. yes I could see the field in the collection.

jithubalan_1-1611236823025.png

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jithubalan 

The issue here is that it's not possible to group data using the syntax "(First)store...".

The argument to the GroupBy function expects a column name, whereas First is a function.

Perhaps you could describe what you want to sum, and the full data structure of your custom connector response.

Thanks timl. is there a way that we can flatten json responses and keep it in one table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,328)