Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Power app offline - html data save

Hi All,

I am working on power app offline features and trying to save html formatted display form data in mobile storage to print it. Our users are field based and looking to save and print records at client place in offline mode.

Is there any way to save power app display form html formatted data in mobile devices please. 

Please help. 

Thanks 

Amod

13 REPLIES 13
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @amodtiwari ,

If you save it in a Multi-line Text field (Plain Text), you should be able to put it back and print it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Please could you elaborate on the multiline text field and printing its content in offline mode. However i am trying in html text control in power app, can we achieve similar using this control please.

Thanks

Amod 

@amodtiwari ,

I was simply pointing out that you can store HTML text in a multi-line Plain Text control offline and then put it back to the list when you are online. I don't know what or how you are trying to "print" it, but it would be difficult offline as you are not connected to anything.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Thanks for response. I am trying to download html data of display item form in local storage offline and looking for a way to print using Bluetooth connected printer.

Please suggest if any possibility is there.

Thanks 

Amod

@amodtiwari ,

The only way that I know of accessing the "offline" storage is connecting to the actual app that stored it and using LoadData to retrieve it. Also I do not know of any Bluetooth interfaces that Power Apps will "talk to".

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your focus over it. My concern is only that how i can save power app data in local storage in html/pdf format. 

Please no worries for Bluetooth and other things.

Please help. 

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Also if it is local cache option to save data, concern will be also that how user will get and open it in mobile.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Hi @amodtiwari ,

As mentioned you can save HTML text in a multi-line plain text field. LoadData will retrieve it using the same app that saved it.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Warren,

Thanks to suggest, will it save data as html file which can be open outside of power app in mobile devices please.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,081)