cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power app to on prem SQL taking too long to return rows.

My power apps form taking too long to return 25 rows of data.  I need help trouble shooting issue, please contact me or what number can I call for support?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Power app to on prem SQL taking too long to return rows.

How long is it taking to return the 25 rows to Power Apps?

Is it filtering these rows from a larger data set in Power Apps?

How long does the same data take in SSMS?

Highlighted

it took me 50 seconds to return 16 rows. other times it will take over 1 min.

Highlighted

I forgot to include not filtering talking place and querying to data in SQL is quick.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

In SSMS takes about second to retrieve the same number of rows.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Is this true with all data coming through your on-prem gateway or just one specific data set?

Highlighted

Querying our on-prem data thru Power BI no issues.  Only issue we see are thru power apps and DBogunovic who comment earlier is the creator of the power app.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It's hard to say what could be causing the slowness on the Power Apps side. Here is some documentation on tuning the data gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-performance

I would suggest enabling the additional logging if you haven't already. Then, pull the rows into Power Apps and look through the logs.

You can also do a SQL trace in the SQL Server Profiler, which I've used to tune some Power Apps query performance. That may not help you a lot unless your data is coming from a view or stored procedure, though.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/tools/sql-server-profiler/sql-server-profiler?view=sql-server-v...

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,153)