cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angela23
Frequent Visitor

Power apps & SharePoint

Hello all,

I am very new in power app and I hope I can get help some from you kind guys here.
I have a SharePoint list as my source to create a canvas app

1- I start creating one Edit form where I get some inputs from the user and save it in my SharePoint

2-Under onSuccess  I patch some extra data and store them in the same SharePoint list

3- I create a new Edit Form where I can show the data stored in the SharePoint list

4- I have a submit button that just submit the form from step1

My problem is that my data from step 1 and step 2 are stored as 2 separated records in My SharePoint list. so 1 row for what I receive from my first EditForm and 1 row from what I patch in the same list(step 2).

Can someone help me to see what I am doing wrong, I need to have all the columns in one single record.

Thank you so much in advance.

Nest Regards Angela

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM_Factor
Frequent Visitor

Maybe you should you Patch function? You need to create all fields (textbox, dropdown etc.) manually, but it gave you more flexibility with design and manipulate with data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MM_Factor
Frequent Visitor

Maybe you should you Patch function? You need to create all fields (textbox, dropdown etc.) manually, but it gave you more flexibility with design and manipulate with data.

Angela23
Frequent Visitor

Hello MM_Factor

Tanks for your answer, would it be ok to send you some screen shots from my code in a private message?
Right now I do have a patch but I dont know why its seperating my data in to rows

yep, please send me pm

Angela23
Frequent Visitor

I am all new here where can send you pm? your phone or some where here?

MM_Factor
Frequent Visitor

On top right side you have an envelope icon 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,644)