cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power apps - blob storage - create block blob

Hi, I am new to power apps,

I want to take 4 inputs, 3 texts, and 1 date. I want to make a JSON object of these and save it into blob storage.

I have added a blob storage connector. I have read the documentation and azure blob storage, createblockblob expects 3-4 arguments, 1st- folder name, 2nd file name, 3rd content, 4th content type.

I want to name my json file name as selected date(string)

please help. I have added the screenshot of my formula in the post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Power apps - blob storage - create block blob

Hey @nishchayg7 

Can you try to update your expression as:

AzureBlobStorage.CreateBlockBlob("testcontainer",Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]mm-dd-yyyy"),JSON({Name:TextInput1.Text,MachineName:TextInput2.Text,DPM:TextInput3.Text}),{'Content-Type':"application/json"})

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted

@yashag2255 

Hi Yash,

Thanks for your help.

I am using this formula :

AzureBlobStorage.CreateBlockBlob("powerappsblob",Concatenate(Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]mm-dd-yyyy"),".json"),JSON({Name:TextInput1.Text, Name2 : TextInput7.Text , Name3 : TextInput8.Text}),{'Content-Type':"application/json"})

with this, i am able to save the file as selectedDate.Json but the file is empty and there is no data coming inside it. What might be the issue?

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem.  The blobs are always empty.  Did you find a resolution to this?

Highlighted

Same behaviour on my side. Just want to store some text in a BLOB file. File is created but empty (0 KB).

I'm using the following command: 

CreateBlockBlob(glryBlobFolders.Selected.Path, txtBlobFileName.Text,JSON(txtBlobFileContent.Text), {'Content-Type':"application/json"})

Example for txtBlobFileContent =

{FieldA:'ABC',FieldB:'XYZ'}

Any hints? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. I am very surprised why microsoft guys are not responding to this ticket

AzureBlobStorage.CreateBlockBlob(
"myblobfolder",
"myjsonfile.json",
{'Name' : 'Dilip'},
{'Content-Type': "application/json"}
);

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,034)